Learn the Strategies that Improve Probability of
Successful Project Delivery, Client Satisfaction, and
Project Team Effectiveness. Implement the Human Factors
that Multiply the Opportunities for Successful Outcomes.
Elite Project Management Strategies helps IT organizations gain greater insight into their project delivery effectiveness. Delivery effectiveness is measured by timely delivery, satisfied end-users, greater profitability, follow-on business, and satisfied project teams. IT organizations are often too close to their delivery practices to truly understand why they are successful or what opportunities for improvement may exist. That’s where we come in.
We provide a number of consulting services – both onsite and virtual – to help organizations position their Project Management teams for greater success. This is Project Management consultation by Project Managers – Project Managers who have been in the trenches for many years.
Onsite Project Management Reviews
We spend several intensive days onsite with your team, during project execution, to review the human factors of Project Management, technical processes, client interaction, stakeholder awareness, senior management involvement, and overall adherence to best practices of project delivery.
While we use checklists to help ensure that major aspects of the project delivery review are covered, we also rely on intuitive processes borne of years of experience to help you understand where your projects are excelling and where there may be opportunities for improvement. Your projects benefit from independent observation of their delivery processes by experienced practitioners, and will receive actionable recommendations for immediate implementation – recommendations that go straight to the bottom line.
Project Management Reviews include:
- 3-10 days (depending on size and complexity) onsite by a seasoned Project Management reviewer
- a series of interviews of project personnel at various levels within the project team
- a series of interviews of client project team members at various levels
- meetings with executive management from both the project delivery organization and the end-user (client) organization
- meetings with major stakeholder(s)
- observation of internal project team meetings, project status meetings, and applicable work sessions (e.g. requirements gathering, system design, training preparation sessions)
- exit interview with preliminary findings
- final report within 14-30 days following the onsite project review
Project Management Consultation
We place an experienced Project Manager alongside your project leads to provide hands-on consultation and coaching in project delivery. While we will not make project decisions on your managers’ behalf, we do provide active instruction, role play, scenario replay, and other immediate feedback mechanisms to assist your managers to make better project decisions and take more effective project actions. Your project leads will learn proven techniques for applying powerful human factors to Project Management, for utilizing technical processes more effectively, for maintaining stronger team and client relationships, and for adhering to best practices in project delivery.
Project Management Consultation can be utilized as a follow-on to a Project Management Review, or as a standalone engagement.
Project Management Consultation includes:
- onsite, hand-on coaching and instruction by a seasoned Project Manager
- daily feedback sessions to reinforce key learnings
- unlimited email access during the course of the engagement and for a specified time afterward
- periodic review meetings with executive management
- exit interview to summarize team leads’ overall development
Project Oversight Services
Elite Project Management Strategies provides direct project oversight to IT organizations and to end user organizations as they implement their large complex IT systems.
IT organizations, particularly internal IT departments, benefit from working daily alongside an experienced Project Manager through all project phases. Projects benefit from a greater likelihood of on-time, within budget implementation.
End user organizations typically do not have access to experienced Project Managers to manage their side of a project implementation. The client side benefits from having an experienced Project Manager look out for their interests on an equal footing with the IT delivery team. In this scenario, the IT delivery team also benefits from having an experienced Project Manager on the client side, helping the end users perform their responsibilities on the project.
Project Oversight Services include:
- procurement of IT systems development contracted services, including writing the Requests for Proposals
- Project Charters, Planning documents (including state Advanced Planning Documents), phase and project Close-Out Reports
- active, hands-on management of the project; or active, hands-on support of your Project Management team
- Quality Assurance reviews, Independent Validation and Verification support
- project status reporting, stakeholder communications, executive management communications
Executive Coaching Services
IT systems development projects are often large, complex undertakings. Senior corporate executives, stakeholder management, end user management are often put into the position of making project decisions with which they are not familiar. We offer coaching for executives to help them make effective decisions for their complex IT projects, to work with IT delivery teams, to prepare their organizations for their project responsibilities, to prepare their organizations to accept the new systems, and to determine whether their organizations’ funds and resources are being spent effectively.
Executive Coaching Services include:
- as-needed coaching and instruction in decision making during project execution
- preparation of the client/end user organization to manage its side of the project responsibilities, and assistance for them to “keep up” with the IT project team
- planning services for accepting and maintaining new IT systems