Elite Project Management Strategies founder, Merv Jersak, provides upbeat, inspirational keynote presentations, conference seminars, conference break-outs, and training programs for organizations that are implementing major systems projects – whether IT consulting firms, internal IT departments, or end-user organizations. With over 30 years’ experience in project delivery, he shares his unique stories of success and disappointment, the good and the flawed, from first-hand experience. He has worked on projects that were highly successful, and some that were not so successful. And he has the stars and scars to prove it.
What is most often lacking in project delivery are the human factors that make for great Project Management – those overlooked skills that must be present alongside those highly emphasized technical skills. He leaves his audiences with practical techniques, tips, teaching points, and paths to greater success and satisfaction in project delivery – ideas and principles that go straight to the bottom line.
Developing Dynamic Project Teams for Ultimate Project Success
Develop Powerful and Proven Human Factors That Will Transform
Your Project Teams from Doers to Achievers
Your Project Managers undoubtedly already possess highly tuned technical skills in managing projects. Now augment those skills with the powerful human factors that will ignite your teams to greater productivity and project success. The “arts and charts” of Timelines and To Do Lists will get your projects only so far. Instill the human factors into your Project Teams and watch them catch fire!
The PMBOK® Guide and PMP certification – while absolutely essential – are simply not enough. Uncover the secrets of these powerful human factors to accelerate your project delivery success.
Learn how to:
- Increase efficiency, proficiency, and the likelihood of timely project delivery
- Infuse proven human factors of Project Management across all of the Project Management Knowledge areas
- Create powerful allies in your stakeholder groups
- Set expectations among your end-users, and put their fears at ease
- Develop and grow in-house talent
- Instill powerful people skills and techniques into your Project Management arsenal that reflect directly on your bottom line
Powerful Communication Skills for Project Managers
Unlock the Communication Fundamentals so Critically Important to Your Success
You’ve heard it said that the “soft skills” are the hard skills. Well, there’s nothing “soft” about communication skills. Research shows that 62%-68% of IT projects fail even as unprecedented numbers of IT professionals are earning their PMP certifications. Often project failures are NOT a technical Project Management problem. So why DO projects fail at such alarming rates?
In this presentation, your Project Managers will the learn power of communication proficiency, and how to use it to unlock the human factors so essential to effective project delivery. So often these communication skills are assumed, or are given mere lip service within the project delivery organization. Learn how these skills are equally necessary to implement successful and profitable projects.
Learn how to:
- Communicate in the language of your end-users
- Bring your end-user team along as fully contributing partners
- Differentiate your various project audiences, and how to communicate with each
- Conduct effective meetings that are informative, action-based, forward looking, and a delight to attend
- Use e-mail effectively, when to use it, when not to, and the etiquette surrounding email
- Write effectively for a non-technical audience
- Bolster your teams’ commitment
Effective Presentation Skills for Project Managers
Transform Tech-Talks into Powerful Presentations That Connect
Whether presenting an IT proposal, or a project progress report, or a technical explanation to your major stakeholders, or a pep-talk to your project team, who better to deliver it than the Project Manager? Yet often these same Project Managers, so skilled in technical project delivery, lack basic presentation skills. As presenters, they can be more of a liability at the front of the room than an effective project asset.
The ability to deliver effective presentations is a learned skill, just as the technical skills of Project Management is a learned skill. In this presentation, your tech-talking professionals will be transformed into clear-messaging presenters. They will become comfortable with the audience, the medium, and the message. Learn proven presentation skills, crafted from the perspective of a life-long Project Manager, and customized specifically for today’s Project Manager.
Learn how to:
- Deliver presentations that inform, educate, persuade, and even entertain
- Maximize messaging impact
- Address the specific information needs of your various audiences at the level that they expect to be addressed.
- Sell your proposals; deliver “dry” detail in an interesting manner
- Command and hold audience attention, including the use of movement, gestures, vocal variety, and other effective front-of-the-room techniques
- Use visuals for maximum effect
- Handle questions with appropriate answers
Book Merv to present to your teams and at your upcoming event.
Above topics are available as a Keynote, Seminar or Workshop Presentation.